Friday, October 9, 2009

New Moon Soundtrack Update

Most is copied from my Random, Awesome & Funny post but with more info and updates.


You can now pre-order New Moon: The Official Soundtrack on iTunes here. It features 4 bonus tracks along with the others. When you pre-order, you'll automatcally download Anya Marina's song Satellite Heart.

Entertainment Weekly reviewed the soundtrack and gave it an A! Read their article here.

Listen to a piece of each track here!

2. Band Of Skulls - Friends
3. Thom Yorke - Hearing Damage
4. Lykke Li - Possibility
5. The Killers - A White Demon Love Song
9. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Done All Wrong
12. OK Go - Shooting The Moon (additional info here)
14. Editors - No Sound But The Wind
15. Alexandre Desplat - New Moon (The Meadow)

16. Lupe Fiasco - Solar Midnite (Exclusive)
17. Amadou & Mariam - The Magic Numbers (Exclusive)
18. The APM Orchestra - Die Fledermaus - Duettino: Ach, ich darf nicht hin zu dir [Exclusive]
19. Death Cab For Cutie - Meet Me On The Equinox (Video)
20. Ulf Bastlein - Wandrers Nachtlied II, Op. 96, No. 3, D.768 [Exclusive] (pre-order only)

Commentary:
I thought the Death Cab song was good but now that they have a music video with new scenes, I love it! Great editing!

The Band of Skulls track is very "them". It sounds like it could be from their album. I have no idea where it's going to show up in the movie though.

Thom Yorke's track is techno-y and energy enthused.

Lykke Li's haunting voice is dreamlike.

The Killers sound like they're channeling Johnny Cash.

Anya's song is cute and melodic. Her accent is a bit.... =/

I love MUSE. I want to hear the part where they sing in French. It's a strong song.

Bon Iver and St. Vincent have such distinct and unique voices on their own and this duet is simply sublime. It's filled with love and sorrow.

I really really like Done All Wrong. I love the 'heart beat' percussion.

Monsters is very alternative and rocky-er from his usual stuff.

Sea Wolf is channeling 80s David Bowie but in a good way with maybe a hint or Morrissey?

Ok Go's track is different. You can't ignore that base drum.

Slow Life is beautiful. I'm going to see them in concert with Beach House and they're playing this song! So excited.

Editors have been listening to too much Meatloaf me thinks. =D

Alexandre Desplat's "The Meadow" track will be one of the first songs to be put on repeat in my car and at work. It's perfection. All I think of when I hear it are Edward's eyes looking at me with the deepest love in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment