Thursday, May 27, 2010

What's going on next month?!

Ok so, here's what's been going on since the last time we "saw" each other. (Note: I'm random and all over the place with this post.)

The Vancouver Twilight convention took place May 14-16th. Twilight Lexicon did an interview with Catherine Hardwick, on the floor (her choice). I really couldn't care less about Catherine Hardwick. She bugs and she keeps adding her two cents to every Twilight related story whether we ask for her opinion or not.

Collectors edition of Eclipse and the trade paperback came out. Do you own the Collectors editions? I don't and I don't think I ever will. It's seems kind of silly. Is it really worth it? I was thinking of getting all the books in paperbacks, since I don't want to ruin my hardbacks, but I just got my eReader (insert huge smile here) so I'm re-thinking that bit.

Rob went on Ellen. He was adorable and sexy as all hell.

He's in Southern California now (I'm breathing the same air as him ^_^) shooting Water for Elephant. He even looks good covered in dirt and wearing his sexspenders.

There are lots of TV spots for Eclipse now-a-days. I really don't watch TV but I see them (and download them) on-line. I'm really excited now. It's getting so close!

You can listen to some of the tracks off of the Eclipse soundtrack in various places if you know where to look. Jonathan Low by Vampire Weekend, Atlas by Farnfarlo, and an article about how the bands were chosen.

MUSE's single is available to download on iTunes but I just go to YouTube and listen to it there. I've been hearing it on the radio lately and I like it more and more the more often I hear it.

A bunch of Eclipse promotional posters have also come out to grace a bus stop near you. They're ok. Jane looks like Chloe Sevigny from Big Love (pictured). Robward looks amazing in blue. He should always wear blue or go naked (guess which one I prefer?)

If you didn't know, there will be an Eclipse Twilight Convention in Los Angeles June 11-13th. I swore to myself after going to the New Moon convention back in March, I wouldn't do another again. It was ok the first time but not something I'd do twice... that is until Rob entered the picture. I've flipped-flopped on whether or not I should go and I figured, this is a once in a life time opportunity, it's just money and I can't take it with me, and I'm young so I might as well enjoy myself.... at least that's what I was chanting as I was purchasing my weekend pass for the convention. Yet more time off from work that I'll need to take off. It's worth it though. I'm going to try and get some hidden camera footage (they don't like you taking video). *rubs hands in anticipation*

I just purchased my midnight showing tickets about an hour ago. Why so late? Well I was waiting for a particular theater to start selling their tickets. They have reserved seating so no waiting in line hours before, trying to get a good seat. It was well worth the anxiety (bit a finger nail off) and the price. About $13 per ticket. Not too shabby.

What makes me extra Twi-tarded is that I also bought tickets for a double feature of Twilight and New Moon right before the midnight showing. A chance for cafeteria Edward and shirtless Edward on the big screen? Sign me up! It start at 6:30pm. There are intermissions between each film but I'll be basically spending 8 hours inside the theater. If it gets too much I'm planning on sleeping through the James bit in Twilight and the Wolf Pack bit in New Moon. I'm Edward's girl, he had dibs on my attention.

Between the red carpet premiere and the movie release, I'm going to Seattle for a cousin's 15th birthday (yes, it's what you think; I was guilt tripped into going). But we'll be up there for four days and the party is only for one so I'm thinking that a side trip to Port Angeles and Forks is in order.  Time to make the pilgrimage to where it all began. I really want to do this, hopefully my family will understand when my sister and I bail on them to drive down there.

*smacks head* I almost forgot (because, really, is so forgettable). That Bree Tanner novella is coming out June 5th. You can read it for free on Stephenie's website or buy it anywhere books are sold. I'm going to read it first then buy somewhere... preferable with a coupon. It's one of those things that falls into the "gotta have" category.

I think that's about it. If I have an awesome encounter with Jackson Rathbone tomorrow when I go see 100 Monkeys I'll let you know, otherwise here's looking forward to a long Memorial Day weekend.

Note: The MTV Movie awards are on June 6th where an exclusive Eclipse clip will premiere. New Moon has 5 nominations. You can vote for NM here.

No comments:

Post a Comment