Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Official Eclipse Premiere... NOT!

There was drama up in this fandom today. I didn't see everything that went down but I wouldn't be surprised if we Fail Whale'd Twitter with various "WTF!"s and "OMFG!"s

The Los Angeles Film Festival rolled out their line up for this summer's festival. They announced that they would be showing/screening The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

Many, including myself, thought this meant that they were [world] premiering the movie as part of the festival instead of the much assumed Grauman's Chinese Theater premiere.

Kaleb Nation, in cahoots association with Summit Entertainment, let it be know that the LA Film Festival is not the official premiere. This is what he tweeted today:
"FROM SUMMIT: "this [LAFilmFest] is NOT the official red carpet premiere in Los Angeles. That is still happening." Take a deep breath :)"
"Info about the Eclipse premiere I posted earlier has changed. It was from Summit, but they're changing stuff. I'll have answers tomorrow!"
There are 55 (I don't count the rest of today) days until the release of the movie and Summit can't get their act together and give us some solid facts and details. I'm pretty sure that Eclipse is the #1 most anticipated summer movie ever. They're going to make swimming pools of money off of it and not just because of the fantastic reviews it's getting from people who've screened a rough cut of the movie.

*sigh* Now I have to tell my co-workers that the premiere may not be at the LAFF because I was skipping and bouncing off the walls all day today telling everyone about it. *facepalm*

I just want June to come quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment